A wordpress blog doesn’t allow me to embed a VoiceThread directly into a blog post. However, I found this tutorial online to find a way around the problem. You need to set up a VodPod account as well as using your VoiceThread account.
I followed the instructions and managed to post my VoiceThread!
Note that some of the instructions are slightly different – VodPod doesn’t exist any more, and you have to use the new company Lockerz. Also the command to embed in VoiceThread is also different – this screenshot shows where it is now (red arrow):
So you have to create a Lockerz account – go to http://lockerz.com
The order to embed your VoiceThread:
- create the VoiceThread
- get the embed code for your VoiceThread
- open a new post on your blog (ready to insert)
- go to your Lockerz account and create a new video (see the green arrow in the picture above)
- paste the embed code into the box (it says “add video decalz”)
- continue, and save
- use the “WordPress shortcode” in Lockerz (the red arrow in the picture above)
- this gives you a code to insert in your blog; copy this code
- go to your WordPress blog post (in edit mode) and paste the code from Lockerz
- save the blog post and then view it on your blog
This is my VoiceThread now embedded:
Vodpod videos no longer available.